Public Meeting to be Held for Shawnee Mission Deer Culling Plan | Environment
The plan drew a lot of protests last year and now government leaders must again decide if deer hunting will be allowed in Shawnee Mission Park this year.
Last year's hunt was to thin out the deer population in the park and it drew numerous protests.
This year there are again too many deer for the park to support. Those behind the plan claim the animals will die because there isn't enough land for them to graze on.
A public meeting Wednesday night will explain how this year's hunt will work.
The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at the administration building in Shawnee Mission Park.
Upcoming Events near Overland Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grandmothers Against Gun Violence gains members after Sunday’s shootings outside Jewish centers
- Woman calls police after she feels threatened by car on 71 Hwy
- Joe’s Weather Blog: 80s To Snow Again?
- School district turns 100, celebrates with time capsule burials
- Joe’s Weather Blog: Rain For Many…Some Not