Child hit by car in Shawnee | News
SHAWNEE, Kan. — A child was rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning after walking into a car near 75th and Flint streets in Shawnee.
Shawnee Police spokesman Bill Hisle said the accident happened at about 8:20 a.m. The child is reportedly a 14-year-old boy.
An officer told FOX 4 that the child was apparently jaywalking when he collided with the car.
His lower leg was injured, according to Hisle, and he was taken to the hospital in stable condition, but his injuries are not considered serious.
Upcoming Events near Overland Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grandmothers Against Gun Violence gains members after Sunday’s shootings outside Jewish centers
- Woman calls police after she feels threatened by car on 71 Hwy
- Joe’s Weather Blog: 80s To Snow Again?
- School district turns 100, celebrates with time capsule burials
- Joe’s Weather Blog: Rain For Many…Some Not